To provide supportive operational assistance to all departments; interact with guests, assisting their queries and complains.
Job Responsibilities 1
- Contribute to the development and execution of the department’s short to mid-term plans to ensure alignment with the division’s strategic priorities and contribute to the development of annual business plans for the assigned areas of responsibility to support the achievement of financial objectives.
- Monitor, control and report key performance indicators related to the department, to track performance and recommend corrective actions.
- Manage the performance management, career progression and activities of direct reports by setting annual objectives, identifying training opportunities, mentoring, coaching and providing constructive feedback to improve their performance.
- Act for the achievement of the customer expectations and performance targets of the department.
- Work towards "go the extra mile" and deliver exceptional customer service, not just the minimum acceptable.
- Report and communicate on all pertinent matters affecting guest service and hotel operations.
- Coach the team so they can see how to meet the short term and longer-range plans of the business.
- Support through the daily management activities of the company's and brands values and culture.
- Implement the operational and service standards set out in the Corporate Standard; mediation of these standards to line managers.
- Close work with leaders in the team to support other team members and ensure they have a strong sense of direction.
Job Responsibilities 2
- Manage the department's technical standards to ensure they comply with corporate policy and/or with industry practice.
- Close monitoring of costs and/or revenue generation to ensure business targets are achieved.
- Contribute to the management of measurements and targets, which assist with performance enhancement.
- Prepare management reports, as required, and contribution to the annual planning process for the department.
- Closely work with all team members so that productivity remains high, and the department is efficient.
- Check and monitor standards achieved and identification of areas which standards are not being met.
- Take care and precautions of company's assets and promotion of the security of personnel; corrective action where required.
- Develop associates through on-the-job training, input into recruitment, review and succession planning in your area.
- Control all staff during your duty and their work, design of work schedules and calculating working hours, assistance in drawing up the holiday schedule.
- Develop a very strong "sales & promotions" culture within the team to maximize in-hotel sales.
- Coordinate all departments so that service levels remain high throughout the shift.
- Coordinate preparations so that service and delivery is effective in the morning.
- Supervise property lock down and running of standard checks and verifications.
- Ensure outstanding personal presentation and of the team.
• Knowledge in Opera, Micros, Telephone Switchboard
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong presentation skills and communication skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to work with an agile and open mind in a complex and multinational work environment alongside talented and strong-minded colleagues
• Ability to work under pressure and be determined to meet calendar target
• ERP knowledge preferably SAP functional skills are a requirement to be successful in this role.
Hospitality & Accomodation
Hospitality and Tourism
Full Time Employee