Health care Sector
New York, Stati Uniti
Gross remuneration € Yearly
High School Diploma
Job Title: Pathology Transcriber, Full-time
Location: Teaneck, NJ
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Accurately transcribes medical/pathology dictation from Dictaphone system, answer phones, prepare material for additional testing, consultation and legal cases; file and pull slides when needed.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required and Medical Secretarial School or equivalent.
Skills: Excellent typing skills, working knowledge of dictation equipment and personal computers (medical and pathology terminology essential)
Experience: Prior experience in medical/pathology transcription is required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Answers phone in a clear, concise and professional manner. Takes and relays accurate messages.
* Answers questions from patients, visitors, vendors and staff in a courteous manner.
* Reports confidential patient diagnoses to physicians in a professional manner. Faxes reports to offices.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient information and complies with communications code.
* Accurately transcribes reports of pathology specimens from dictation in a timely manner.
* Operates and maintains dictation, transcription, computer and photocopy equipment.
* Files pathology reports, requisition slips and microscopic slides. Copies and distributes reports. Uploads appropriate final reports to hospital information system (HIS).
* Compiles Radiology reports and films, Pathology reports and slides (and/or blocks) and forwards for outside consultation.
* Prepares, sends and receives blocks and slides for referral lab testing.
* Acts as an Administrative Assistant to Pathologists.
* Follows departmental and Hospital policies and procedures, including Universal Precautions, safety, Hospital and Laboratory policies and procedures.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
* Cooperates with laboratory staff to achieve laboratory goals and maintains good employee relations, interdepartmental relations and public relations.
* Performs related duties as assigned.