Gross remuneration 25000.00 - 35000.00 € Yearly
The Service Specialist position provides the tactical execution of the transportation team through On-Time pick up and delivery management, In transit tracking, risk identification and mitigation, date maintenance, and exception management to meet internal and external customer expectations. The Service Specialist interacts with a large number of internal and external critical partners. The position requires a self-managed individual who is aligned with the expectations and objectives of the Supply Chain as they conduct their daily operational activities.
This position is based in the centralized Transportation Hub (T-Hub) in Dekalb, IL or in Solon, OH.
• Efficiently and effectively execute the transport of products utilizing the Transportation Control Tower (TCT) tools and processes to exceed service expectations.
• Collaboration with cross-functional areas including customer service, carriers, facilities, and deployment while maintaining the proper professional approach in all interactions (face to face, phone, email, meeting, etc)
• Take initiative and make decisions independently weighing customer needs, facility requirements, carrier capacity, and escalating as appropriate.
• Ensure load coverage by utilizing published rote guides while balancing service and cost.
• Support Nestle Operational Master Plan, Nestle Continuous Excellence Initiatives and Continuous Process Improvement.
• Resolve conflicts/discrepancies positively, professionally, and timely.
• On-Time pick up management
• In transit tracking
• On-Time delivery management
• Risk Analysis identification and mitigation
• Date maintenance
• Exception Management
• Build strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Daily communication on successes and opportunities.
• Pursue continuous education on Transportation and Supply Chain.
• Trusted with confidential information.
• Embrace a Winning mindset, while being aligned, agile and adaptable.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High School Diploma, with a college education preferred.
• Requires a professional approach to internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates a professional image and demeanor.
• Transportation and/or logistics experience preferred
• Experience in a tactical and fast-paced office environment
• Strong customer service skills