Offerte di lavoro popolari
Figura professionale :
Tipo di contratto :
Orario di lavoro :
Retribuzione lorda 25000.00 - 35000.00 € all'anno
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Following the acquisition of Arizona Mining, South32 is the new owner of the Hermosa Project, a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in Arizona.
South32's purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We work closely with their host communities to create enduring social and economic value through local employment, infrastructure and facilities development and community investment programs.
The location of this role is the Tucson, Arizona office.
The role will support all technical and non-technical Mining aspects of the Hermosa Project working collaboratively with their discipline peers to maximise the value and manage risks through the feasibility, design and implementation phases of the Project.
The Senior Mining Engineer is responsible for supporting strategic mine planning for the Project, developing mine designs and schedules, supporting optimization, and working with external consultants and engineering contractors to support each phase of the Project.
- Prepare and communicate long-range plans for mine development, production and operations.
- Coordinate with all study team members to ensure plans respect the best available geological, geotechnical, hydrogeological and metallurgical information.
- Coordinate with site engineering and construction teams to ensure plans respect the best available site information.
- Manage the work of external study consultants.
- Perform economic analysis and cost estimating for the basis of decision-making.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other departments.
- Supervise and mentor Mining Engineers and Technicians.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, or a closely related field required.
- Must pass Background and Drug Screening.
- Proficiency in mine planning software packages, esp. Deswik (required).
- Experience with Scheduling and Stope Optimizer packages will be a plus.
- Ability to interrogate and calculate block model fields a plus.
- Strong organizational planning, analytical and consensus-building skills.
- Strong digital proficiency and high learning agility.
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical competency in underground mining, including open stoping and cut and fill methods (required).
- 5-10 years in underground mine planning (required).
- Long-range planning experience a plus.
- Underground mine operations experience will be a plus.
- Experience with paste backfill will be a plus.
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to technical best practices.
- Experience working at a project which has progressed from the study phase, through construction and into commissioning and production will be a plus.
- Work effectively cross-functionally, cross-culturally and internationally.
Competenze richieste :
Il presente annuncio è rivolto ad entrambi i sessi e a persone di tutte le età e tutte le nazionalità.
Ti chiediamo di prendere visione dell'informativa sulla privacy consultabile al link https://ominee.com/it/legal/privacy-policy.