Offerte di lavoro popolari
VolvoAuto Sweden Sa
Figura professionale :
Director - Propulsion Systems Integration
Tipo di contratto :
Orario di lavoro :
Retribuzione lorda 25000.00 - 35000.00 € all'anno
Who are you and what will you do?
You are the technically capable and passionate leader of our Propulsion Systems Integration team based in Greensboro, NC. While guiding the PSI team, you will report directly to the North American Powertrain Engineering Vice President in Hagerstown, MD. With your excellent networking skills, you will represent Powertrain Engineering in a variety of local and global teams within which you will coordinate activities, process development/execution, and competence development.
You will directly lead a section of engineers to integrate propulsion systems into vehicles that meet customer requirements, regulatory, and Volvo Group objectives. Integration includes packaging, electrical, mechanical, and all other aspects required to integrate propulsion systems into vehicles. You will contribute to the Volvo Group’s competitive market position by assuring the development and maintenance of products and product components that out-perform the competition in quality, delivery, cost, and function, while ensuring they comply with all applicable regulatory requirements.
You will showcase your abilities to negotiate and manage relationships as the Director responsible for vendor engines for North American applications, regulatory compliance, and Validation and Verification of North American Powertrain products. The validation and verification of these products must stay aligned with commitments to projects and other defined customers, and will remain consistent with corporate strategy, global processes, standards, and regulations.
You will demonstrate both your organizational and people leadership skills by being responsible for planning, budgeting, and Human Resources functions in the section, e.g., securing resources, competence and professional development, and talent management for all employees. (Our People & Culture team are looking forward to partnering with you!)
Responsibilities and authority
- Represent Powertrain Engineering (PE) on site at the satellite office located in Greensboro, NC.
- Represent Powertrain Engineering in the North American Vehicle Product Decision Committee.
- Product development and maintenance for the Cummins North American engine platform (9L – 15L engines) and drivelines with regards to quality, cost improvement, follow-up, and Product Modification Requests.
- Regulatory documentation compliance coordinated with Cummins for Cummins OEM installed powertrain products in North America.
- Responsible for all first estimates for PE Product Modification Requests in North America.
- Represent Powertrain Engineering in all customer adaptation activities for North American products.
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement activities for the section, coordinated with global and regional program leaders including Operational Development.
- Responsible for ensuring use of relevant processes and methods.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate cross functional network with the counterparts at other Powertrain Engineering sites, Vehicle Engineering sites and with other functions.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, and follow-up of all section activities.
- Breakdown and follow up of targets from the Site VP and from global leaders including development, reporting and improvement of Key Process Indicators for the section.
- Responsible for ensuring coordination across projects and divisions.
- Responsible for Human Resources functions in the section, e.g., securing resources, competence and professional development, and talent management for all employees (e.g., Personal Business Plan).
- Perform administrative reporting (e.g., costs, investments, and employment changes).
- Frequent travel to the Hagerstown, MD (Main PE office) is required.
- International travel may be required from time-to-time.
- Approve deliveries according to relevant processes and authorizations
- Approve purchases of materials and services consistent with the position’s authority level
- Approve travel plans and expense reports for your section
- Approve time reporting for your direct reports
- Approve personnel requisitions issued in your section
- Make relevant HR decisions with the support of our People & Culture team
What are we looking for?
- BS in Engineering (required). Advanced technical or business degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Successful experience in Group or Project management
- Structured, analytical, and holistic mind-set
- Project/Team leading experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of systems engineering, quality assurance methods and documentation
- Compassionate and willing to mentor and grow your team
Competenze richieste :
- Integrazione software
- Gestione dei talenti
- Ingegneria dei sistemi
- Risorse Umane
- Strategia d'impresa
- Ingegneria del veicolo
- Assicurazione di qualità (QA)
- Comunicazione (abilità)
- Miglioramento continuo
- Business Plan
- Microsoft Office
Il presente annuncio è rivolto ad entrambi i sessi e a persone di tutte le età e tutte le nazionalità.
Ti chiediamo di prendere visione dell'informativa sulla privacy consultabile al link https://ominee.com/it/legal/privacy-policy.