We are a leading provider of energy-efficient lighting and shading technologies. With a history of innovation dating back 50 years, We design, manufacture and sell over 15, 000 products. Our products are energy efficient and save our customers over $1 billion per year in energy costs.
Innovative design is the core of everything we do. Our Mechanical Design team is made up of some of the smartest engineers in the industry. We are looking for a Mechanical Designer to work on our consumer electronic, energy control and lighting control products. In addition to designing and validating mechanical designs, you will mentor and coach junior engineers and colleagues.
We will assist a great engineer with relocation to the Allentown, PA area where you can enjoy and afford a robust selection of nightlife, entertainment, arts, and outdoor activities.
3 Awesome reasons to work here:
- Work for a Global leader where you can work on cutting edge products
- You will have a high degree of autonomy and quickly be given a lot of responsibility
- Excellent benefits including excellent, low-cost insurance, PTO, 401K and profit sharing
What you will be doing
We will rely on you to create prototypes of electromechanical products that are produced in high volume. Focusing on aesthetics, UI and function, you will collaborate with industrial designers to make and iterate prototypes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Designing component and assembly concepts, identification of cost reduction, and product improvement opportunities
- Designing and developing small tools and fixtures
- Creating 3D models of new mechanical components and assemblies
- Completing mechanical engineering analyses of components and assemblies: FEA, Tolerance Analysis, DFM, FMEA
- Working with other engineers to ensure that thorough engineering analyses have been completed and risks to cost, quality, and delivery have been identified
- Sourcing prototype components using our 3D printers from our in-house machine shop or nearby vendors
- Assembling functional and aesthetically accurate prototypes for review with senior management
- Conducting effective design reviews to share your work and gather feedback for alternatives and improvements
- Rapidly iterating through the design process to arrive at a solution that meets cost, quality, and delivery objectives while meeting key product specifications
- Design and develop injection molded plastic parts including design in Creo, detailed tolerance analysis, finite element analysis in ANSYS and conduct reviews with mold companies
What you need for this Position:
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related with a GPA of 3.0+
- At least 3 years of mechanical design experience in industry
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Proficiency with 3D CAD Software
- Hands on experience with parts manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding and sheet metal fabrication