Hampton, Stati Uniti
Remuneración bruta 55000.00 - 65000.00 $ Anual
POSITION: Assistant Banquet Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage Savor
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
Monitors and supervises activities relating to food & beverage service for facility events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Follow weekly work schedule, as assigned by Director of Food and Beverage.
· Assigns functions to supervisory staff.
· Trains assistants, captains and service staff on a weekly basis.
· Recommends and maintains service standards and procedures.
· Monitors the physical condition of ballroom and function areas. Reports to Engineering and housekeeping any area that needs attention.
· Directs all aspects of maintaining existing equipment needed for banquet service, by working with stewarding, engineering and purchasing as needed.
· Oversees uniform control on banquet items.
· Recommends and purchases any additional or replacement items and/or equipment.
· Oversees banquet park stock on consumables. Monitors requisitions.
· Assists in controlling food and beverage costs. Monitors waste.
· Inventory control and ordering and follow up of banquet linens.
· Meet with all planners on a daily basis to review comments and concerns from their functions.
· Hold Banquet meetings to inform staff of policy changes and receive feedback from service personnel.
· Coordinate with kitchen and stewarding on the timing and production of functions.
· Oversees in conjunction with the appropriate department, the preparation, presentation and service of banquet food and beverage products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
· Tend to any special projects assigned that pertain to the over-all food and beverage operation.
· Assures that a daily inspection report is done on all facilities so that they are continuously maintained by the proper areas.
· Reviews daily employee inspection by Captain for appearance.
· Oversees the service by the individual employee, to include porters, waiter and captains in order to maintain the standards of the center.
· Does or directs the scheduling of porters, waiters and captains on a weekly basis. Schedule is turned into Food and Beverage Controller for approval prior to distribution.
· Directs the removal of all items and cleaning of storerooms on monthly basis.
· Takes or assigns the responsibility of counting the quantity of items received from the kitchen.
· Disciplines porters, waiter, captains as required if in variance to established standards or as directed.
· Directs set up of special functions involving the center.
· Handles last minute changes and inspects setup and staff for final conditions, will hold pre-function meetings to discuss meal, service and table assignments, etc.
· Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
· Maintains a qualified staff.
· Ensures proper training of personnel assigned.
· Supervisor “Cash Sales” to include inventory, receiving and deposit of monies.
· To assist management in other matters as requested.
Education and/or Experience
· Associates Degree from 2-year college or university.
· 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous management experience in a similar venue.
Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to control costs, generate increased revenue and manage accounts payable/receivable and financial reporting.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Ability to manage several direct reports.
· Working knowledge of Excel and Word a plus.