Ofertas de trabajo más populares
Posición o Cargo :
Mountain View, U.S.
Tipo de contrato :
Horario de trabajo :
Remuneración bruta 25000.00 - 35000.00 € Anual
Conduct biological research associated with one or more complex projects within the NASA Ames Research Center’s Bioengineering Branch. Primary focus will be on designing, building, and analyzing a microbiology experiment for the International Space Station (ISS). The goal of the experiment is to complete multi-omics analysis of Arthrospira platensis during 6-months of continuous photoautotrophic growth.
● Master's degree from an accredited university in a biological discipline with 3+ years’ professional experience or a Doctoral degree with 0-3 years’ of experience.
● Laboratory experience in genomics, molecular biology, microbiology/plant biology, biochemistry/analytical chemistry, omics sample preparation, and omics data analysis.
● Familiarity with best practices for working with hazardous materials and willingness to adhere to NASA-defined processes.
● Experience with Microsoft Office and command line computer operating systems such as Linux, Unix, or R.
● Ability to communicate effectively with scientists, engineers, and external scientific service providers from a wide range of technical backgrounds.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical problem-solving abilities.
● Track record of communicating scientific results through conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles.
● Capacity to work independently and efficiently with minimal instruction.
● Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
● Complete experimental research to determine spaceflight experiment design requirements, develop/build the flight payload, and prepare samples for omics analysis.
● Support science components of flight operations that may require travel and/or extended hours.
● Conceive and design laboratory experiments and actively participate in project planning.
● Generate, record, analyze, and compile experimental data.
● Complete statistical analysis of whole genome sequences, transcriptome sequences, proteomics, and metabolomics data.
● Submit data to appropriate public databases.
● Prepare figures for presentation/publication and collaborate with other scientists in publishing research findings.
● Draft scientific materials for public outreach and/or publication.
● Present research at scientific conferences.
● Maintain a safe and organized laboratory area.
● Perform laboratory duties including management of materials and supplies, equipment, and operations.
● Identify materials and equipment needed for experiments, obtain product information, identify vendors, and assist in the preparation of material and supply acquisition.
● Oversee general state of the laboratory, including scheduled waste removal, decontamination of surfaces, and instrument calibration/upkeep.
● Carry out assigned duties in a manner consistent with defined safety policies and report any safety
incidents, potential hazards, or close calls. Assist with identifying and eliminating any unsafe conditions.
Competencias requeridas :
- Capacidad para trabajar en equipo
- Pianta (botánica)
- Sistema operativo
- Análisis de datos
- Química analítica
- Biología molecular
- Base de datos
- Comunicación oral
- Microsoft Office
Este anuncio está dirigido a los géneros y personas de todas las edades y todas las nacionalidades.
Le pedimos que lea nuestra Política de privacidad disponible en este enlace https://ominee.com/es/legal/privacy-policy.