Ofertas de trabajo más populares
Sector de construcción
Posición o Cargo :
Estimador de costos de construcción
New York, U.S.
Tipo de contrato :
Horario de trabajo :
Trabajo a distancia o desde casa
Remuneración bruta 130000.00 - 155000.00 $ Anual
A General Contractor and Construction Management firm here in Mid-town Manhattan specializing within interior fit-out and renovation work mainly catering to the commercial market with an occasional hi-end residential project. They take pride in every step of the process from inception through completion, including comprehensive pre-construction planning, budget preparation, hands-on project management, site preparation, construction, repair and renovation.
They have a very healthy pipeline in place looking to 2022 thus they are looking to hire a Lead Estimator to join the team and provide additional expertise in assisting with their current workload. This is an opportunity for an experienced Estimator to come on board with the opportunity to work 100% remotely with the idea being this individual will grow into a managerial role down the line as they look to grow the team around them.
Your new role
As the Lead Estimator you will prepare constructability cost, time and labor estimates, be well versed in preparing budgets and completing quantity take-offs as well as assisting the team in analyzing bids and consulting with subcontractors and vendors to value engineer the scope of works across a variety of projects.
In this role on a day to day basis your responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyzing and interpreting architectural plans
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Providing detailed proposals and accurate bid packages
- Attending meetings with vendors, clients and architects.
- Capable of performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Ability to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches/schematics.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Ability to negotiate throughout the bidding process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Team player with a positive attitude who can also work independently, is self-motivated and success driven, yet able and willing to take direction.
- Undertake relevant feasibility studies, value engineering and life-cycle costing
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in construction management, Quantity Surveying, or Civil Engineering and have at least 5 years of experience as an Estimator across commercial, fit-out and renovation style projects throughout the Manhattan area. Having experience using Procore, Planswift, MS Project and AutoCAD would advantageous.
What you'll get in return
If you are looking to work for business that has a solid reputation within the New York market specializing in the interiors space that is able to offer you a great career path in which you can grow as they do. Whilst offering a competitive salary and benefits package AND BEING ABLE TO WORK FROM HOME!
Este anuncio está dirigido a los géneros y personas de todas las edades y todas las nacionalidades.
Le pedimos que lea nuestra Política de privacidad disponible en este enlace https://ominee.com/es/legal/privacy-policy.