Ofertas de trabajo más populares
Posición o Cargo :
Philadelphia, United States
Tipo de contrato :
Horario de trabajo :
Remuneración bruta 25000.00 - 35000.00 € Anual
The Medical Translator/Interpreter facilitates communication across multiple languages among patients, families, clinicians, and staff in every patient-facing area of the organization. The Medical Translator/Interpreter provides both written and spoken language services for clinical and non-clinical communication.
The Medical Translator/Interpreter:
- Converts organizational documents from one language to another with equivalent meaning and effect (i.e., translating/drafting, editing, and/or proofing) to support all manner of healthcare services or research studies. Ensures accuracy of content utilizing reference materials and electronic resources to research, verify, and check the most effective and appropriate modes of communicating messages in target language.
- Identifies, assesses and responds to interpreting needs of patients and families as directed by the manager, including during inquiry, scheduling, initial and ongoing visits or procedures. The medical translator/interpreter provides accurate, skilled renditions for effective communication and complies with all hospital policies and procedures.
- Upholds the National Standards of Practice for Interpreters in Health Care of the National Council of Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC) and abides by the ethics, values and standards of practice for professional translators as articulated by the American Translators Association.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team, supporting in care planning for non-English speaking patients and families. Presents assessment of needs to assist other professionals in the overall treatment and care planning, including support personnel in fields such as social work, spiritual care, case management, etc. and for coordination of services, including local transportation and accommodations, securing meals, etc.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
- Promotes a culture of hospitality and service both internally with CHOP departments and divisions, and externally to existing and potential international families and clients.
- Uses “Language of Caring” in all interactions to promote family-centered care and to maintain and support positive engagement with all co-workers.
- Prioritizes materials for translation to ensure timely availability of information for use.
- Follows marketing and branding protocols for translated CHOP materials.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for professional development and continuing education and attends or participates in such activities.
- Supports the flow of documents through the translation process.
- Per procedures, tracks and archives documents to provide support for translation as assigned.
- Acts as a resource to the organization providing insight and education on language and cultural differences.
- Performs additional miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
- Collaborates with professional colleagues in the development and implementation of language services initiatives as directed by the Manager when appropriate.
- Upon manager request, collaborates with interdisciplinary teams at CHOP in the development of language services policies, practices and programs that improve direct services and contribute to an ideal, culturally-responsive, patient-family experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
American Translators Association certification for English to Spanish
Medical interpreter national certification (CMI or CHI) within one (1) year of placement into position
Required Education and Experience
- Required Education:Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience:At least four (4) years of translation and interpreting experience in healthcare.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Preferred Experience:At least ten (10) years of experience in healthcare translation and interpreting;
- Previous experience related to health care, and/or language services for children and/or families.
- At least two (2) years of international life experience, particularly in serving an international clientele in a professional work environment.
ATA Spanish into English translator certification or equivalent from another international organization in addition to required Spanish into English certification
Additional Technical Requirements
Strong linguistic skills:
- understands variety of regional accents and linguistic styles and registers;
- selects appropriate mode of interpreting for each situation;
- produces translations of formal institutional documents in equivalent or mediated register;
- interprets with highest degree of accuracy and completeness;
- self-monitors or self-edits, understands own linguistic limitations, seeks clarification and accepts correction or feedback;
- picks up cues from encounter participants or document requestors regarding level of understanding and/or need for clarification;
- strong writing skills and full understanding of translation process.
Strong cultural awareness competencies
- recognizes underlying cultural assumptions in messages from each party or in each document.; uses this understanding to empower patient-families, clinicians and staff to to better understand each other;
- avoids stereotyping;
- uses culturally appropriate behavior and is able to choose appropriate time to clarify or interject by respecting the goals of any encounter;
- is aware of own personal values, beliefs and cultural characteristics which may be a source of conflict or discomfort in certain situations, is able to acknowledge these and withdraw from encounters or translations when these may interfere with providing successful language services.
Strong interpreting skills:
- explains role of the interpreter to patient and provider, or role of translator to those requesting documents;
- recognizes the complexity of the clinical encounter and added factor of linguistic barrier;
- sets tone of the patient/provider encounter to manage spatial configuration and flow of communication to preserve accuracy and completeness, and to assess and address potential areas of discomfort for patient (age, gender of interpreter, no previous experience with interpreters);
- maintains professional distance and integrity;
- diffuses potential and actual conflict between parties by remaining calm and impartial;
- clarifies instructions or follow-up steps in a diplomatic, effective manner.
- understands and abides by hospital policies on patient confidentiality, informed consent, non-discrimination and ethical standards.
Interpersonal and customer service skills:
- projects positive attitude about the department and the hospital, and offers services to ensure positive experience;
- works as a team with colleagues and staff across the enterprise;
- addresses concerns raised during or after an encounter by encouraging provider to make appropriate referral and/or assisting with making of appointment with right resource and booking interpreter as needed.
- works well under pressure to manage stressful situations;
- flexible to meet scheduling needs and handle frequent, unpredictable changes;
- sound judgment and confidence;
- ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize between translation and interpreting demands;
- detail-oriented with attention to accuracy and timeliness.
Technology skills and experience:
- extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products;
- extensive knowledge of Trados for document translations;
- knowledge of virtual meeting platforms;
- knowledge of mobile technologies for interpreter scheduling, document requests, etc.
Este anuncio está dirigido a los géneros y personas de todas las edades y todas las nacionalidades.
Le pedimos que lea nuestra Política de privacidad disponible en este enlace https://ominee.com/es/legal/privacy-policy.