Data entry agent
Gross remuneration 15.81 - 23.71 $ Hourly
The Laboratory Data Entry Technician is responsible for checking and entry of raw laboratory testing data into a database for storage and reporting. This position may also periodically be responsible for performing laboratory tests, using the database system to prepare soil boring logs, and modifying reporting templates within the database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands basic soil testing procedures and soil classification according to ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Reviews and enters data into the Bentley Systems gINT and Geosystems databases.
- Assists the laboratory manager with quantifying test quantities to track billing and costs.
- Supports compliance with applicable standards by completing appropriate testing and documentation as needed.
- Assists with maintenance of the soil sample inventory control system.
- Assists the laboratory manager with maintenance of lab procedures and documentation.
- May support the QC/QA Manager with ongoing lab certification requirements if applicable to assigned location.
- May perform laboratory tests, including but not limited to: triaxial compression, moisture/density, moisture content, hydrometer, Atterberg limits, and sieve analysis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or advanced training preferred.
- 1 year of related experience, preferably using a database. GeoEngineers will provide training on gINT and Geosystems is there is no previous experience.
- Previous experience writing various laboratory analyses.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information and instructions.
- Ability to perform basic-to-advanced mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs., prolonged sitting and regular walking, bending, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC with prolonged view of a monitor/screen.