Gross remuneration € Yearly
Amee Bay, LLC, a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, and a government industry leader, is looking for a Shipboard Electricians to join our Team in San Diego, CA.
Shipboard Electricians perform a wide variety of tasks depending on the needs of the company.
Some of the duties & responsibilities of a Shipboard Electrician:
- Shipboard tag-out, WAF programs and applicable Naval procedures / instructions.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety practices.
- Troubleshoot, disassemble, and inspect electrical equipment with limited supervision.
- Disassemble, reassemble, and operationally test equipment with limited supervision.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, written technical instructions and manuals.
- Capable of cable run fabrication and wire way fabrication.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of AC and DC generators, switchboards, distribution panels, lighting and alarm circuits
- Troubleshooting, repair, and installation of electrical and electronic equipment and cables
- Disconnecting and reconnecting motors and electrical equipment
- Adjust/align or replace components of motors, generators, and alternators such as bearings, centrifugal switches, brushes, diodes, etc.
- Install shipboard power and lighting circuits using schematics, blueprints, or other drawings for routing and connection
- Install motor controllers, switch boxes, circuit breakers, panels, feeder cables, wireways, supports, and wires for power and lighting systems
- Identify various cables by cable types, number of conductors and wire size.
- US Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain active Secret Security Clearance and Base Access; Candidates currently possessing an Active Secret Clearance are preferred.
- High School Diploma /GED.
- Military "A" or "C" school(s), completion of a vocational, maritime, or journeyman training program.
- Minimum one (1) year technical experience in operation, test, maintenance and/or repair of Hull, Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronic equipment and systems.Pay to commensurate with level of experience.
- Pay is based on experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Must pass drug screening as a condition of employment.
- Candidates must furnish their own hand tools required for this position.
- Fiberoptic experience and certifications a definite plus.
- Prior military experience directly related to the position or prior experience in the Maritime Industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Shipboard AC (60 and 400 Hz) and DC electrical systems.
- Knowledge of Shipboard electrical and electronic systems.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems such as switchboards, switchgear, distribution panels, controls, etc.
- Working knowledge of trade mathematics and formulas in order to calculate voltage, amperes and resistance requirements and to determine size and types of material, such as controls, switches, distribution panels, fuses, etc.
- Fully versed in the use of common electrical measuring instruments, and of various electronic measuring devices, such as voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, power analyzers and megohmmeters.
- Maintenance and repair of Shipboard 4160 VAC.
Position located in San Diego, CA.