Mechanical design engineer
Kansas City, U.S.
Gross remuneration 25000.00 - 35000.00 € Yearly
Professional Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a half century ago as a full-service consulting firm providing mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water and wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range of field work including survey, geotechnical, construction inspection, testing capabilities; as well as the all the essential professions it takes to make it all come together for our public, private, and industrial clients. Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our projects take us across the nation and around the world. At PEC, our employees have a passion for the communities where they work, live, and play.
If you are looking for a career path that provides the opportunity for you to reach your full potential, PEC is the place to be. PEC's team culture is built on our ability to solve problems through a collaborative process. We elevate each other by aligning personal strengths to professional development. Our engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks. We work together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set out to achieve them.
• A minimum of a B.S. Degree in an appropriate field of study from an accredited college.
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam; Intern Engineer (I.E.) Credentials are expected.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact.
• Meet and understand critical deadlines through efficient time management and effective communication.
• Internship, study or full-time experience in the HVAC industry is highly recommended.
• Experience with Revit is a plus.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform engineering design, coordination with design staff with plan production, and construction administration on projects.
• Performs design computations by hand and by computer software. Uses experience, education,and judgement to make informed decisions. Retains knowledge and builds on previous experiences to increase capabilities in breadth and complexity.
• Organizes multiple tasks and completes them in an orderly fashion.
• Effectively communicates and coordinates with the Project Engineer and other PEC Divisions in order to complete design tasks on numerous projects.
• Make formal presentations to organizations, private industry, and government agencies.
• Ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
• Prepares quantity take-offs for use in construction cost estimates and engineering fee estimates.
• Reviews project submittals for compliance with design checklists and drafting standards.