Manage & Support the In-Store Goods Flow operations for existing & new IKEA Store’s by constantly improving excellence in logistical operations in the area of Goods Flow. Ensure all operational metrics for Commercial Build up are achieved as per the project timelines for new stores.
Contribute to securing availability of our offer through all sales channels thereby strengthening the customer’s perceived availability with high merchandising quality and at the lowest possible cost.
Strengthen the main objectives of IKEA to be leader in life at home in our local market and achieve growth and sustained long term profitability.
Review the running stores Goods Flow operational performance by measuring the parameters in Navision and analysing the deviations in the stores monthly KPI’s.
Monitor the new stores KPI post the opening, follow up 3 to 6 months into the new stores operations to secure that all ISL parameters are secured as per commercial brief agreements.
Conduct ISL – 7 Steps trainings and competency workshops to enhance the knowledge of the Goods Flow team along with the Commercial Team partners thereby raising awareness of the Logistical operations carried out within an IKEA store.
Existing IKEA Stores
- Matrix with the Goods Flow managers across the IKEA stores and secure excellence in the planning and execution of the goods flow process in co-operation with the ISL manager & business partners.
- Lead and inspire the Goods Flow Managers by providing support with the necessary tools and methods to enhance their functional competency development in order to secure succession planning.
- Actively support in planning, developing and improving logistics supply operations within the stores.
- Play and active role in ensuring that all the Goods Flow logistical KPIs are delivered as per the agreed business plan.
- Support the stores in securing efficient goods flow operations in a cost effective manner while maximizing overall commercial results.
- Support in analysing stock development with SSS partners and Goods flow managers to ensure a smooth flow of goods from external partners, ensure there is a healthy stock situation for all strategic articles.
- Ensure there is adequate emphases given for securing a safe working environment for the Good Flow teams, especially during the night replenishment operations with regards to health and safety in goods handling.
- Work together with partners in the supply chain to achieve a high and stable level of product availability for customers at all times.
- Live the IKEA and Al-Futtaim values and nurture a strong and living culture within the teams.
New IKEA Store Project Support:
- Support the Expansion/Logistics strategy by ensuring the In – store logistic prerequisites are delivered in a timely manner as per the expansion project time plan, thereby ensuring a smooth Goods Flow during the build-up process for CBU 1 & CBU 2.
- Mentor, coach and support with recruitment for new stores as per the recruitment process in order to secure competency within the ISL team.
- Secure the right quantity of MHE for the logistics department by working with the Volume Based Resource Planning tool.
- Carry out project evaluation regarding the construction of the store for logistic areas.
- Secure all logistics areas Retail/ Back areas by working with the Dimensioning tool in order to ensure the store is built in order to secure 5 year sold volume capacity in store.
- Ensure the store warehouse racking is dimensioned in the most optimal (IKEA & EURO PALLET SPLIT) manner taking into consideration the construction aspects in order to secure a safe working environment for the ISL team.
- Ensure all checklists during CBU 1 & CBU 2 stage are worked with aggressively in order to tighten in store routines for goods handling and store safety.
- Ensure volumes sold split of 80/20 in terms of pieces sold through the Self-Serve / Full Serve area during commercial brief stage is secured.
- Secure the Goods Receiving Handover Checklist along with Customer Relations in order to ensure the store is ready for CBU 2 phase from a safety and security aspect.
- Secure a Service Level Agreement for the MHE and Racking audit is in place as soon as the store is handed over by construction to the In-store Logistics manager.
- Secure the Density in MH, Children’s IKEA & Kitchen accessories as per the IKEA benchmark figure.
- Ensure all logistics shortcuts, hotspots are secured and worked with during the commercial brief stage by liaising with the expansion commercial team on the same, as per the initial request from the in-store logistics manager of the store.
- Secure optimum service level at each step of the CBU 1 & 2 and ensure efficient build up stock to target highest service level at each step of the project and at opening time.
Sales Supply Support & Inventory
- Support with ensuring the right service level of articles is ordered as per the range file and GPS input.
- Secure system integrity during the build-up phase in CBU 2 by ensuring all the relevant system parameters are in place i.e. Sales Space Management, RTS, Fill rate, Flexi sales to secure Common Planning Concept is worked with in the beginning. Organizational Readiness document to be tracked pre/post opening.
- Ensure the KPI’s for SSS are tracked right from the beginning in order to detect any deviation in the Service Level per HFB by securing a healthy stock on hand, on invoice and on order in the pipeline for the strategic articles in SL 1 & 2.
- Ensure the inventory team has an inventory cycle plan in place and the same is followed by securing a complete count for the store before store opening. (Displays, Room sets, fixed assets, buffer & picking locations, Sales support areas).
- Liaise with the import specialist to ensure all containers are received as per the agreed time plan and the flow of goods receiving is secured in order to reduce any demurrage at port.
- Plan and review the in-store logistics stock control system in order to ensure system accuracy and minimize discrepancies.
Store Operating Procedures
- Ensure the In-store logistics team has two set of SOP’s one for the build-up stage and one for operating a running store.
- Proof read and support with drafting the SOP of the ISL dept for both situations build up & post opening.
- Conduct an SOP test as per the expansion process to secure the ISL co-workers are well versed with the department SOP as well as the common SOP required to be learnt by all co-workers in store.
Training & Workshops
- Support the ISL manager by securing the transfer of know how during the expansion/build up process.
- Secure that the ISL co-workers are aware of the IKEA Concept, Safety routines, ISL process, Transfer Types, inventory process before store opening.
- Ensure the ISL 7 steps are touched upon for the Line Managers/ senior in ISL pre/post opening.
- Ensure the ISL Line Managers are aware of the contributions they have on the P & L and what lines they impact directly.
- Ensure the Recovery senior is taken through the Casey claim process along with the goods flow Manager.
- Ensure Navision training is given to all the ISL Line Manages & Seniors/Co-workers based on their job roles.
- Ensure the ISL Line managers/ seniors along with sales shopkeepers are taken through the Sales Space Management training.
- Ensure all the commercial team members are aware of the Transfer Types and the tracking of the same.
- Secure a Stock Loss Group post opening with the Recovery manager leading the team comprising of co-workers from the different areas of the store to secure knowledge and competences within the ISL organization.