Popular job offers
Job title :
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 3151.00 - 4464.00 $ Monthly
Full Job Description
Under close supervision, performs entry-level maintenance, repair, and assists with the renovation of City facilities. The below list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. Incumbents in this class may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assists in repairing, constructing, and building wooden structures and furniture;
- Patches drywall; hangs pictures, plaques, and exit signs;
- Installs plumbing fixtures, locates, repairs, and maintains drains and leaks;
- Replaces ballast and other electrical devices and replaces light fixtures and devices;
- Installs, repairs, or replaces door closures and locks;
- Cuts and issues keys for City staff.
- Assists large maintenance, construction, and repair projects;
- Notify supervisor of materials or equipment necessary to complete work;
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or equivalent, AND one (1) year experience in building or trades maintenance. Must possess at the time of application and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
- Knowledgeable of skilled trades related to facility maintenance, repair and renovation, occupational hazards and safety guidelines, technical manuals and reference materials used in facilities maintenance;
- Skilled in the safe use of power and hand tools used in facilities maintenance, following oral and written instructions in English, establishing and maintaining productive working relationships,
- Ability to perform essential duties and complete assignments with little supervision
- Proficient in using a variety of computer applications commonly found in a modern office environment, including standard desktop office applications such as email, copiers, facsimile, and scanners.