Popular job offers
Job title :
Diesel Engine Mechanic
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 25000.00 - 35000.00 € Yearly
If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
• Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
• Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
• Doing preventative maintenance repairs—like replacing or rotating tires—and completing vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, and cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles
• Partnering with your manager to learn new skills using Penske’s technician training and hands-on coaching
• Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment (Penske’s Technician Certification Program is certified as a Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
• Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
• Location and schedule flexibility
• High school diploma required; vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
• Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience preferred
• Valid driver’s license required and must also have or be able to get a CDL license
• The ability to solve problems and comfort using tools
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team and outside
• Basic computer skills
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.