Popular job offers
Job title :
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 25000.00 - 35000.00 € Yearly
Hours and days are dependent on timetable, however there is flexibilty for negotiation.
Performs and/or supervises tasks that are carried out in accordance with guidelines, accepted practice and school policy. This may include the supervision and coordination of other education support class staff within the work area or educational program. Supervision and coordination would be limited to ensuring routine tasks are performed to required standards. Input into identifying training needs and development of education support class staff within the work area or educational program becomes an important feature at range 2.
Specialised support to achieve specific outcomes is a feature of range 2. Typically this will involve accountability for a single function, (e.g. ensuring data is properly maintained) or the operation of a work area (e.g. managing the day to day operation of a school office) under the direction of the principal or another senior manager.
Provides support to teachers and students that is beyond the routine support provided at education support class Level 1, range 1. Within an educational program assists teachers with the coordination of the support function, such as directing/organising the work of other support staff or providing a specialist support role.
Undertakes medical intervention support tasks or other specialised student/teacher support roles that require specific training that must be updated from time to time. The role is for a specific purpose for which there will be direct accountability as opposed to support roles that are carried out by a range of staff performing routine tasks under direction.
Performs technical tasks that require a sound knowledge of basic technical and/or scientific principles that are used to develop and adapt work methods and make judgements where there are clear guidelines and limited options. Routine technical support in libraries, science and information technology laboratories would be typical examples.
An education support class position supports the educational services being provided to students, but must not include duties of teaching as defined in clause 2.6.1 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) or its successor. Supervision of students cannot be required except where it is an integral part of the employee's position or involves supervision of students individually or in small groups, in controlled circumstances, where the responsibility for students remains clearly with a teacher.
· Maintain science storerooms ensuring as far as practicable that these areas are kept clean and tidy. Label and keep materials secure from unauthorised access. Be responsible for stock control and ordering of chemicals, biological supplies, equipment and other materials. Be responsible for laboratory documentation systems, stock inventories, cataloguing work sheets, filing resource materials etc.
· Maintain an efficient system of allocation of materials and equipment by consulting with science teachers on their practical work requirements. Advise on chemical and equipment safety matters where appropriate. Perform routine tasks in preparation for science practical classes including the preparation of chemical solutions, trialling experiments and conducting chemical and physical tests. Prepare chemicals and equipment by the requested date and place on trolleys. Assist science staff with demonstrations and practical classes when required.
· Pack away practical chemicals and equipment after practical completion. Clean and maintain laboratory equipment in working order.
· Maintain a safe chemical storage and labelling system and dispose of hazardous materials in accordance with current hazardous chemical regulations. Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Risk Assessment forms of chemicals as used by the College Laboratory.
· Arrange for manufacture, maintain, repair and service equipment as required.
· Assist in care of animals and plants in the science area in accordance with current DET handling and animal ethics guidelines.
· Contribute significantly to the overall organisation and maintenance of laboratories, preparation areas and Science rooms.
· Other duties as directed by the Principal.
1. Demonstrated ability and competency as outlined in the role description below.
2. Demonstrated high level of organisation and communication skills and the ability to relate to both students and staff.
3. Demonstrated sound knowledge of laboratory procedures and techniques involving chemicals and associated equipment.
4. Demonstrated sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety principles, in particular first aid treatment and procedures.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritise and manage tasks to meet work deadlines.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
7. Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and growth for both self and others.
Required skills :
- Safety data sheet
- First aid
- Risk assessment
- Manufacturing or operations
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Communication skills
- Technical Support
- IT Risk Analysis
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office