Popular job offers
Job title :
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 25000.00 - 35000.00 € Yearly
What you will do:
As Designer you will be a trusted member of our Global Footwear Design Team, responsible for product integrity and interpretation with respect to design, manufacturing, quality, and cost. The Designer will be responsible for applying seasonal creative direction, new concept ideation, upper pattern design, materializations, technical packages, color rotations and meeting key calendar deadlines.
You’ll be a trusted member of our team reporting to Director, Design – Women’s and you’ll collaborate and liaise with the Product Creation, Marketing and Merchandising teams.
How you will do it:
- Design: Initiate and provide focused, feasible, functional, commercial and innovative footwear ideas that are appropriate for the Timberland brand , and the women’s consumer in a timely manner.
- Innovation and Conceptualization: Create two and three-dimensional sketches illustrating new, unique product ideas and concepts which meet the expectations delineated in the product brief.
- Research: Focused attention to the extent of the product briefs to support the category goals and objectives. Develop the awareness of key accounts and channels of distribution derived from market insights and trends to insure concept feasibility.
- Color, Graphic & Materials Trend: Following the brand creative direction within the application and use of traditional and new materials, compounds and constructions and color direction. Research extends to application and use of traditional and new materials, compounds and constructions when applicable .
- Trends : Gather and present fashion / trend inspiration and storyboards to support concepts relevant to projects and women’s consumer . Focus on consumer trend through social media and trend resources.
- Graphic Design: Ability to create unique graphic prints and elements for footwear applications on patterns and materials
- Technical Package Development: In conjunction with a product developer, prepares the approved design into a package of two and/or three-dimensional information which adequately describes and utilizes current and feasible manufacturing and assembly techniques. This package would also take into consideration performance, fit and costing objectives.
- Documentation and Communication: Maintain and provide a clear form of documentation and communication with team members in order ease the transfer of the design solutions from concept through commercialization. Ability to partner with Product Management and Development teams with an openness to feedback and a focus on collaboration to achieve the best result.
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management, and Footwear Development teams to execute project direction, product process, cost targets and deliverables.
What success looks like:
We will inspire and equip a new generation of adventurous doers to step outside and move the world forward.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years of footwear design experience preferred
Educational Position Requirements:
Bachelors Degree in Design, Art or a related field
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
- Proficient with Illustrator and Photoshop preferably in Mac environment. Knowledge of CAD design applications in Illustrator.3D Modeling and rendering experience or potential to learn . Other basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with leather, textiles, graphic, color and footwear
- Strong communication skills, and ability to communicate concepts with digital renderings. Ability to contribute and generate ideas with Designers.
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills. Strong ability to set priorities and manage deadlines.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with a critical eye for detail.
- Ability to work and build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to meet product and calendar objectives quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (oral, written in English)
Required skills :
- New materials
- Market trends analysis
- Mass Media
- Product development
- Product quality
- Manufacturing or operations
- Communication skills
- Product management
- Social Media
- Product Marketing
- Adobe Illustrator
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Apple Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office