Popular job offers
Caterer Global LTD
Washington D.C., U.S.A.
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration $ Yearly
"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them - we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Cook is responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, sanitation of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance.
- Preparing and serving the residents in our community
- Ensuring all special dietary needs are met and preparing texture modified food as directed
- Following the specially prepared Sunrise menus and production sheets to maintain the highest possible quality and consistency
- Ensuring compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements
- Maintains a current ServSafe certificate (food services sanitation certificate) or able to participate in the food services sanitation training to become ServSafecertified
- One (1) year job related experience including food preparation, full-line menu items and therapeutic diets
- A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred
- A high School diploma or GED accepted
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off.Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise.
At Sunrise, you will...
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission - to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work ®
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: CatererGlobal/4651_145599
- Job ID: 94843050