Popular job offers
Caterer Global LTD
Job title :
Washington D.C., U.S.A.
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration $ Yearly
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity , positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a 'transformational agent' for our guests and 'the best of the best'! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests' expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. Benchmark also offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, housing options, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference - apply now!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Casual dining: The Waterfront Restaurant is known for its casual, laid-back vibe. It's the perfect place to unwind, either on the patio or indoors. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner. It is a family friendly, fun atmosphere by day and enjoyed by customers appreciating live music and cocktails by night.
The Waterfront Server plays an integral role in ensuring that each of our customers have exceptional fun dining experience. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. They must also be knowledgeable in cocktail service for our guests. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our Guests' needs, making them feel welcomed.
Fine dining: 240 West is positioned as a locally sourced, handcrafted cuisine in a rustic atmosphere. Our Executive chef works with local growers and producers to bring quality and sustainable ingredients to your table. Our rustic atmosphere is influenced by wine country, with reclaimed wood beams, rich fabrics and a large stone fireplace.
240 West Restaurant Servers play an integral role in ensuring that each of our customers have exceptional dining experience. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. They must also be knowledgeable on providing wine service and making cocktails for our guests. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our Guests' needs, making them feel welcomed.BASIC FUNCTION: The Server is responsible for providing prompt and courteous service for every guest. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Set dining room tables before and after every shift.
- Interact with guests to take drink and food orders.
- Effectively use POS system.
- Communicate clearly with kitchen for food ordering.
- Communicate clearly with fellow servers and management.
- Ensure prompt delivery of food to the guest's table.
- Have working knowledge of liquor, beer, wine and food that is served at the property. Suggest pairings of food to wine or beer.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
- Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Obtain revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons
- Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware and plates.
- Be familiar with all property amenities and other restaurants.
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
- Help out in other areas of the restaurant, including seating guests.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china & silver. Cemented and carpet floors, might encounter uneven surfaces.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
What are we looking for?QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Two years restaurant experience preferred.
- High volume experience.
- Good food and service knowledge.
- Basic wine, liquor, and bartending knowledge.
- Pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
Casual dining: The right person will show good etiquette skills, must be passionate about food, customer service, and should thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will also have a friendly, outgoing disposition. Previous experience working as a Server in a bustling, fast-paced restaurant setting is a plus.
Fine dining: The right person will show fine dining etiquette skills, must be passionate about food, customer service, and should thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will also have a friendly, outgoing disposition and previous experience working as a Server in a bustling, fast-paced, fine dining restaurant setting.Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: CatererGlobal/4780_R0027667
- Job ID: 95037095