Popular job offers
The Building People
Job title :
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 52000.00 $ Yearly
Study title :
High School Diploma
The Building People, LLC, has a position open for a full-time senior level Drafter/CAD Specialist III in support of a Federal client.
· Design and draft CAD detailed design drawings to support furniture reconfiguration and space layout projects
· Document requirements and provide associated drawings that meet customer specifications.
· Adjust current drawings and recommend changes based on their understanding and knowledge of the project
· Follow project schedules and meet project due dates
· Work closely with facilities and space management client, facility occupants (customers), and furniture installers to make sure that the design and installation is precise and done according to specification.
· Perform building site surveys to verify as-built conditions to include; existing furniture, light switches, receptacles, fire strobes, HVAC equipment and any wall mounted equipment.
· Collect, review and interpret customer specifications
· Create current/proposed AutoCAD layout based on customer requirements for furniture renovation projects with build/demo instructions to include part list. Submit PDF build package to installation team and schedule via shared build calendar.
· Interpret specifications where needed
· Aid in increasing and maintaining quality assurance processes for layout creation.
· Coordinate filing, storage, and retrieval of both manual and electronic drawings
· Utilize project management techniques from design process through final furniture installation
· Demonstrate ownership of final Space Management projects
· Exercise superior written and verbal communication skills
- Required Experience & Education
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience drafting/illustrating in the furniture field to include computerized drafting applications, digital imaging techniques.
- Familiarity with and understanding of engineering concepts and terminology is important.
- Working knowledge of CAD standards, PC application software and drafting/engineering practices and methods.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, current version of Auto CAD, Excel and MS Office is required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and government drafting standards.
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance and work in a secure environment.
- A minimum of a high school diploma (HSD) or equivalent is required for this position.