Popular job offers
Job title :
Kansas City, U.S.
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration € Yearly
About This Job
The IT Department is a huge driver in Commerce Bank’s success. We are the innovative and creative problem solvers who support the applications, maintain a secure network, and determine how to implement initiatives that aid the business units. The banking industry is evolving every day, giving us the ability to learn new technologies and grow to meet the needs of the bank, and at Commerce, we believe our people are what set us apart from our competitors. We are looking for candidates that share the same passion for technology as we do. We want to work with innovative and team-oriented people who have fantastic problem-solving skills.
We are looking for talented individuals who will be responsible for the day to day management of a product team by driving the Agile process and ensuring the team has well defined and actionable work. This also include driving out quality requirements with the line of business and Product Owner, writing user stories and facilitating Agile ceremonies such as backlog grooming, prioritization and iteration planning. This role will also participate in team planning efforts which require forecast planning, understanding flow of work, etc.
- Collaborate with line of business to analyze complex business problems to determine an IT solution
- Gather data, analyze business and user needs, schedule and facilitate meetings to establish quality project requirements
- Document and diagram project requirements which support development efforts which also become essential to knowledge sharing and project turnover efforts
- Lead efforts building Agile User Stories for both Scrum and Kanban teams
- Lead backlog refinement efforts which involves ensuring the backlog contains the appropriate items which are in alignment with roadmap/release plans, that are prioritized and the items at the top of the backlog are ready for delivery
- Active in identifying and removing impediments
- Conduct post-project lessons learned sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Advanced understanding of the Agile methodology along with the ability to lead, patriciate and complete deliverables for all necessary ceremonies
- Ability to work closely and communicate clearly and effectively with variety of technical and non-technical roles which include Product Owners, Project Management, User Experience, Developers, Testers, Managers, etc.
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to read and create diagrams, UX flows and associated artifacts
- Ability to understand the flow of work which includes forecasting, release planning, sprint planning and process improvement efforts
- Desire and ability to mentor, share skills, knowledge and expertise
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Ability to fill other team roles such as ScrumMaster or Test Analyst if project priorities and workload dictates
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft suite of technologies such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 5+ years’ experience required