Popular job offers
Job title :
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 16640.00 - 27040.00 $ Yearly
Study title :
High school diploma
Receptionist/Clerical Assistant - Jackson, (Mississippi)
Characteristics of Work
Incumbents in this position provide clerical assistance to department staff and assists with the provision of services to clients seeking Agency services. Under the direction of the Case Management Supervisor, the Receptionist/Clerical Assistant is responsible for telephone coverage, scheduling client appointments, and mailing appointment notices.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the Agency.
- Greet all visitors courteously, determines their needs, and directs them to the proper person and/or office.
- Answers and routes incoming telephone calls to the appropriate persons.
- Transfers telephone messages to appropriate personnel.
- Provides general information to telephone callers seeking program services in accordance with script provided by immediate supervisor and/or Department of Family Opportunities management staff.
- Maintains the after-hours phone messaging service.
- Provides clerical support as needed to facilitate the overall effectiveness of the department.
- Orders supplies and forms.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, forms, furniture, and equipment.
- Maintains filing system and records according to established procedures.
- Files materials into an established filing system; obtains requested information from the file as needed.
- Daily sorts and disseminates incoming mail and delivers outgoing mail for stamping, in a timely manner.
- Types non-technical letters, memos, and other simple narrative documents from longhand notes, typed, or printed copy.
- Types information onto forms, labels, envelopes, or cards.
- Assists with scheduling client appointments. May gather information through pre-interview to be given to the case worker.
- Prepares and maintains a log of client appointments.
Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalent and one (1) year of experience in community services or related work.