Popular job offers
Job title :
Environment health & safety director
London, United Kingdom
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 60000.00 £ Yearly
The Role: QHSE Regional Manager
Location: London & The South
Salary: Up to £60,000pa
My client is a Facilities Management service provider who is experiencing fantastic growth across London and the South East. Due to a number of new contract wins, we are now looking for a qualified and passionate QHSE Manger to join the team.
In this instance the QHSE Regional Manager role comes with a strong technical bias towards M&E and Building Maintenance.
All about you:
The incoming candidate will be tasked with improving performance through the monitoring and inspections of QHSE management systems and procedures at site level. This will include ISO 45001, ISO14001, ISO9001 requirements.
You will take a proactive QHSE business role to promote and support a culture of Quality, Health, Safety and environment, supporting the objectives for the business by engaging with the operational teams, helping to educate and reinforce the importance and delivery of QHSE standards
Your experience will drive and support QHSE objectives, contract mobilisation support, inspection, and audits and QHSE training.
- Facilitate and drive internal compliance and awareness of QHSE and Technical maintenance standards throughout the region, by ensuring that client, corporate and sector policy/procedures are adhered to and complied with
- Support the Implementation of QHSE policies changes
- Carryout and/ or support the regional operation teams in the completion of risk assessments (inc. COSHH) and development of safe operating methods
- Ensuring QHSE reporting platforms for the region are updated, monitored, and maintained
- Collate information to formalise monthly reports to drive continuous improvement across the business
- Act as the competent Person for all health and safety matters for the region, advising regional teams, identifying, and responding to current legal and best practice requirements
- Work proactively with managers and other key employees to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health, safety and wellbeing within their areas of responsibility.
- Development, maintaining and influencing of a strong reporting culture
- To support management in and/or lead investigations of occurrences, hazards etc. and ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented and evidenced
- NEBOSH Qualified or equivalent
- Background in Services facilities Industry with a focus / bias for Technical Services (M&E)
- Good knowledge of health, safety, environment and quality standards and implementation
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Sound IT and PC skills including Microsoft office packages and Teams.
- The ability to build and maintain professional and proactive relationships, operational teams and clients
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
- Willingness to stay away from home for short periods, overnight, should business needs require it.
- Passionate about the role QHSE plays in being a successful partner of choice, and the desire to make a positive difference.
- Proven record in Health and Safety role
Added Bonus points for…
- NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ L5 or Equivalent
- IOSH/IEMA Environmental certificate
- Level 3 trainer (Health & Safety Training)
- Membership of Health and Safety networking professional forums / organisations i.e. IOSH / IIRSM / IEMA
- Trained ISO Internal Auditor
Required skills :
- Building maintenance
- Quality planning
- Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
- ISO 45001
- Facility (building)
- Health and Safety
- Facility management
- Manufacturing or operations
- Operating procedure
- Corrective and preventive action (CAPA)
- Continuous improvement
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- Standard ISO