Popular job offers
Job title :
Saint Louis, U.S.
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration € Yearly
Study title :
The Research Entomologist (Urban Entomology) will work closely with members of the marketing, formulations and regulatory teams to develop new products for an indoor insecticide portfolio. They will be involved in insect rearing and colony maintenance activities for the R&D insectary. They will partner with members of the R&D formulations team to set up and execute insecticidal efficacy trials at our Earth City Laboratory as well as coordinate third party efficacy testing with Contract Research Labs (CROs) and Universities. They will have a strong background in behavior and management of crawling insects, arachnids, and arthropods.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate third party efficacy testing with CROs and professional pest control network
- Analyze data for claims substantiation
- Generate data for new consumer claims or regulatory requirements
- Insect rearing and colony maintenance
- Review and update procedures vs. federal EPA efficacy guidelines
- Prototype and screen efficacy for new product innovation
- Partner with formulators to recommend and evaluate various active ingredients
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of experimental trials, summarize trial results, and assemble study reports
- Scan competitive activity
- Work with laboratory personnel to conduct biological efficacy trials that require the handling of insects and insecticides.
- Support outreach and product education activities
- US travel to CROs, strategic partners, organized, conferences and meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Entomology, Biology, or a related science with 3+ years of laboratory experience.
- Understanding of common urban / structural pest biology.
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) knowledge.
- Experience in ants, spiders, and common household crawling insects a plus.
- Experience in product development.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and carry out concurrent projects according to appropriate guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to work with insects and insecticides on a regular basis in a controlled environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others to achieve results.
Approximately 80% laboratory/office environment and up to 20% travel