Popular job offers
Job title :
Molecular Laboratory Technician
Seattle, Stati Uniti
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 25.00 $ Hourly
Atlas Genomics is a fast-growing molecular diagnostics laboratory located in Seattle, WA. We are seeking an experienced Molecular Laboratory Technician, for our CLIA-regulated high complexity clinical laboratory. We are known for our professional and compassionate service and are looking for someone who shares our values and commitment to providing the highest quality of patient care.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Competitive compensation commensurate to education and experience
- Saturday and Sunday; Day or evening shift
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly equipment maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Follow the lab procedures for specimen handling, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Perform clinical testing on a variety of different specimen types and platforms (to include DNA extraction, PCR techniques and Molecular Sequencing Techniques) in a CLIA-regulated environment, meeting all applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Perform research studies using various molecular-based techniques
- Perform limited Data Entry tasks to include accessioning samples received.
- Complete other tasks as needed, for laboratory operations.
- Participate in and implement quality improvement initiatives
- Support and initiate activities to ensure ongoing laboratory compliance
- Uphold clinical laboratory best practices
- Promote a positive work environment while supporting management and business goals
Required Education and Experience & Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, genetics or closely related field
- Required Experience: PCR and/or sequencing experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Proficient in reading, writing, speaking and understanding English
- Awareness of handling biohazardous materials and following established safety guidelines
- Familiarity with laboratory information systems (LIS) and use of Excel files
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a high complexity setting.
To apply, please submit:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you interested in a part-time position working Saturdays and Sundays?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- PCR: 1 year (Preferred)
- MLS License (Preferred)