Popular job offers
Job title :
Washington D.C., Stati Uniti
Contract type :
Working hours :
Gross remuneration 25.00 $ Hourly
The Scenic Carpenter is responsible for the construction and fabrication of scenery and larger props as required for production. Using drawings supplied by the Scenic Designer and in coordination with technical theater staff, the Scenic Carpenter must accurately produce and/or obtain all required scenic components in a timely manner. The scene shop, tools and scenic storage must be maintained. The Carpenter should contribute to maintaining a safe working environment.
The Scenic Carpenter may also be responsible for working with a select number of students
(who will intern/apprentice at times to be determined by the designer) in communicating the essential functions and execution of the scenic build, including all safety requirements.
- Consult with the Director and Scenic Designer on the overall design vision, themes, and specific physical needs.
- Attend production design meetings to discuss the overall concept, design vision, and themes with the Director and other designers.
- Review final floor plans with Scenic Designer and Director, and technical theater staff to plan work calls for the construction of required scenic design
- Coordinate with the Director and Scenic Designer to order necessary materials for construction.
- Attend/run work calls for scenic construction, painting and dressing.
- Maintain good communication with the production team.
- Consult with the Director and Scenic Designer as tech and dress rehearsals progress to rework the scenic elements as needed.
- Coordinate with the technical theater staff and Scenic Designer on the strike of all scenic components
- Previous experience in scenic construction is preferred.
- Knowledge of wide range of tools & materials as well as experience and proficiency in a variety of woodworking & carpentry techniques
- The ability to read working technical drawings is required. The ability to adapt renderings into technical plans is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and instruct students and/or volunteers.
- Must be able to kneel, twist, bend and lift at least 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be capable of responsible judgment and mature interpersonal relationships.
- Ability and/or experience in working in an educational environment with students is a plus.
Please note that Washington International School has a mandatory vaccination policy, along with other safety requirements due to COVID-19. Contracted employees must pass a background check with WIS’ Human Resources department.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $25.00 per hour
All faculty and staff must be vaccinated unless an exemption is approved by HR. Face masks must be worn at all times while indoors.